The London Rogues is a Star Wars fan group located in London, Ontario, Canada (“The Forest City”). It became an official Fan Force Chapter on September 26th, 2002. The original members, mainly consisting of students, caused the group to have a short life with the last of the original members leaving in 2005.
The group found new life in 2006 with renewed interest from the local population. On May 18, 2007, London Rogues held a Star Wars 30th Anniversary Celebration in Springbank Park, with an impressive first-time attendance of over 125 people; featuring contests, games, and prizes donated by local businesses. (L.A. Moods, Neo Tokyo, Heroes, World’s Away & The Comic Book Collector) With such great success the event became an annual event now known as London Rogues Sci-fi/Fantasy. A convention for all those into science fiction and fantasy in London. In 2007 the London Rogues opened it’s very own club house, in which it held weekly meetings every Sunday. Unfortunately with the failing economy the business that we rented from closed in 2011 ending a 4 year run for the club house.
- In 2007 the London Rogues built a connection with the Women’s Community House. Although we will never give you the when, where & why’s. You can understand why.
- In 2007 the London Rogues marched in the London Ontario Santa Claus Parade. This instantly became an annual event.
- In 2008 the London Rogues participated in the We’re All Star’s event with the Children’s Hospital. Then making it an annual event.
- In 2010 The London Rogues participated in the Star Wars Day at Storybook Gardens. Once again making another annual event.
- In 2011 the London Rogues participated in the 1st. Annual Walk Now For Autism Speaks, Adding another annual event to our schedule and also making this our charity of choice.
With an ever growing list of annual events and membership in the hundreds, the London Rogues have become well known and a part of London’s culture.